Controller- Denver/BoulderJOB POSTING · November 7, 2016
AVL Growth Partners began in 2009 as a professional services firm. We specialize in providing teams of talented accounting & finance professional consultants on a fractional basis to high trajectory growth companies. We believe that by creating the right-sized and right-talented team for our clients that we provide superior value for our target customers. Our team consists of Senior Accountants, Controllers, VPs of Finance and experienced CFOs to guide and lead our client companies from a financial and accounting perspective. We are seeking professionals who have a personal desire to have challenging, fast-paced work. Most of our team members work an average of 25 – 35 hours a week and work with 3 to 5 of AVL’s clients.
We are looking for talented people who can provide at least 25 hours of time per week. We have found that this represents the perfect blend of great work and great clients that balances with the demands of our team members’ personal lives, yet enables them to serve our clients professionally.
AVL Growth Partners is a unique professional services firm that delivers finance and accounting expertise to emerging and high-growth businesses. Our clients range from early-stage startups to growth-stage entrepreneurial businesses.
The successful Controller serves their clients with both timely and proactive financial and operational information to help our clients understand the current state of the business clearly. He/she possesses a strong ability to translate “the numbers” into actionable information. He/she ensures the accounting operation is working efficiently and effectively to enable the accounting team to produce accurate and timely financials with auditable internal controls. Overall, an AVL Controller will be responsible for:
- Providing the client executive management team qualitative and quantitative review of current financials on a monthly basis
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement packages
- Maintaining, review and report on short-term cash forecasts, long-term financial pro-forma forecasts, and actual results compared to budget/plan
- Assisting in preparation of annual budgets
- Advising on and ensure compliance with tax, audit, legal, and other financial regulations (e.g. sales/use tax, property tax, employee benefits, payroll taxes, debt covenants, various insurance, employee benefits, etc)
- Overseeing the operational execution and accuracy and controls of invoicing, A/R collections, revenue reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, A/P procedures, and similar to ensure compliance with GAAP accounting standards.
- Maintaining a system of internal controls over accounting transactions
- At least 8 years of experience with accounting systems and accounting policies and procedures
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA (active or inactive)
- Over 6 years at a Controller level in a progressive accounting environment and over 12 years of total financial / accounting / business experience
- Specific work experience in the food or manufacturing industries
- Extreme proficiency with Excel
- Outstanding communicator and multi-tasker
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks and/or other ERP systems a plus
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IT systems and tools to benefit accounting operations
To apply, please send your resume with compensation expectations to email@example.com and mention Controller position in the subject line.