Senior Accountant- AustinJOB POSTING · August 31, 2017
Senior Associate / Senior Accountant – Join our spreadsheet-obsessed and insatiably curious team in flexible and engaging work to make a real impact on your clients!
About AVL Growth Partners
AVL Growth Partners is a committed, Full-Stack CFO Firm for rapidly growing small and medium enterprises. We are our clients’ dedicated finance and accounting team, “always on”, responsive and available whenever they need us. As a full-stack CFO Firm, we provide a complete breadth of skills and finance & accounting expertise; flexibly delivering services how they are needed, when they are needed. Because we live and breathe with high-growth clients every day, we execute in time-frames that sync with the cadence – and chaos – of growing businesses.
We are entrepreneurs at heart. As an AVL Senior Associate, you will provide work that directly impacts clients and their goals, by assisting in the building and maintaining of their accounting systems to bring efficiency and visibility to their operations. The work you do on your client engagements is the vital foundation to allow our Principals and VPs of Finance team members to lead the growth and expansion of our clients.
You are a leader, but you are not alone. We operate as a team and provide numerous avenues for collaboration with unparalleled access to challenging and fulfilling work engagements. With 50 employees (and growing!), you will work with and tap into the knowledge of your colleagues on a regular basis. And if you like to share your knowledge and experience, you will work alongside others who thirst to learn and gain from mentors.
And, best of all, you get to work with amazing and dynamic growth companies. Our clients share our passion for entrepreneurship and growth. They are not complacent. We are there to walk alongside them and drive them to the next level. With over 100 clients and over $350 million in “revenue under management”, our clients represent a wide range of emerging leaders in their fields.
This opportunity is not for the faint of heart. Our employees realize the ambiguous nature of our clients’ requirements and are adept at balancing their own lives with changing schedules and needs. With the challenges of multiple clients and rapid growth from many angles, our Senior Associates are continually called upon to provide the expertise and support to manage the above and more in an experienced and professional manner.
What We Are Looking For
AVL is seeking a Senior Associate in the Austin area with a strong background in investor/venture-backed companies, including Software / SaaS, Consumer Packaged Goods / Food, and Technology industries. We are looking for an individual who not only is an A+ Accountant, but who is also an excellent communicator with a superior self-management skills.
Our Senior Associates maintain audit-ready and accurate financial works. You will be responsible for:
- General Accounting
- Customer Invoicing, Revenue Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting, Payroll
- Inventory and COGS Accounting Experience
- General Ledger Accounting (fixed assets, accruals, equity)
- Account Reconciliations (cash, inventory, fixed assets, and other balance sheet accounts)
- Developing, documenting, and improving accounting policies and procedures
- Monthly Financial Package Preparation
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financials Variance Analysis
- Assist with preparation of the CFO Financial Package and Summary
- Cash Forecasting & updating Financial Models
- At least 4-5 years of solid, progressive accounting experience
- Experience with full cycle accounting
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills for handling multiple client companies simultaneously
- Accounting degree desired, CPA designation definitely a plus
- Quickbooks (and other ERP) experience, Microsoft Office Suite—specifically Excel
- Retirement plan
- Health benefits
- Professional development opportunities
For qualified, interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter with compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Senior Associate – Austin position in the subject line.