Senior Accountant- Denver/BoulderJOB POSTING · November 7, 2016
AVL Growth Partners is a growing team of experienced Senior Accountants, Controllers, VPs of Finance, and CFOs who guide and lead our client companies by providing finance and accounting expertise to emerging and high-growth businesses. Established in 2009, AVL has worked with over 250 clients across the country and internationally, and we have helped our clients raise over $260 million to fuel their growth.
AVL team members are part-time and seeking to spend between 25-35 hours per week helping their clients grow. AVL team members work remotely with occasional visits to client’s offices and to AVL team-sponsored activities. We provide a position that enables our employees to have the challenging and fulfilling work they love, and the work/life balance they need. Other benefits to joining the AVL team include working with best in the finance operations industry, opportunities for career growth and mentorship, and competitive compensation.
We are challenge seekers who are motivated to make a difference. We enjoy fast-paced and challenging work, and we dream about excel spreadsheets. We are looking for candidates who are problem solvers, love to juggle multiple clients, and are motivated to make an impact. Team members must be experienced in small to mid sized high-growth companies, be a great communicator, adaptable, and spreadsheet obsessed.
The successful Accountant will be able to maintain accurate (audit ready) financial records. He/she delivers work product on a timely basis based on the client’s requirements. He/she quickly responds to client questions and requests (in order to continue to demonstrate the importance of each and every client). He/she deftly manages these demands across numerous clients and proactively communicates with each client and the AVL team.
Overall, the Accountant will be responsible for:
- General Accounting
- Customer Invoicing, revenue accounting, and revenue recognition
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting, Payroll
- Inventory and COGS accounting experience
- General Ledger accounting (fixed assets, accruals, equity)
- Account Reconciliations (cash, inventory, fixed assets, and other balance sheetaccounts)
- Developing, documenting, and improving accounting policies and procedures
- Monthly Financial Package Preparation
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financials variance analysis
- Assist with preparation of the CFO Financial Package and Summary
- Cash forecasting & update financial models
- At least 4-5 years of solid, progressive accounting experience
- Experience with full cycle accounting
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills for handling multiple client companies simultaneously
- Accounting degree desired, CPA designation definitely a plus
- Quickbooks (and other ERP) experience, Microsoft Office suite — specifically Excel
To apply, please send your resume with compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Senior Accountant position in the subject line.