Technology CFO – AustinJOB POSTING · August 29, 2017
Principal / CFO – Drive your own practice while being an integral part of our growing team
About AVL Growth Partners
AVL Growth Partners is a committed, Full-Stack CFO Firm for rapidly growing small and medium enterprises. We are our clients’ dedicated finance and accounting team, “always on”, responsive and available whenever they need us. As a full-stack CFO firm, we provide a complete breadth of skills and finance & accounting expertise; flexibly delivering services how they are needed, when they are needed. Because we live and breathe with high-growth clients every day, we execute in time-frames that sync with the cadence – and chaos – of growing businesses.
We are entrepreneurs at heart. As an AVL CFO, you will feed the spirit of entrepreneurship as you ____ your own practice; manage teams to help drive growth, directly impact clients and their goals, and expand your network to enable future growth opportunities for you and AVL.
You are a leader, but you are not alone. We operate as a team and provide numerous avenues for collaboration. With 50 employees (and growing!), you will work with and tap into the knowledge of your colleagues on a regular basis. And if you like to share your knowledge and experience, you will work alongside others who thirst to learn and gain from mentors.
And, best of all, you get to work with amazing and dynamic growth companies. Our clients share our passion for entrepreneurship and growth. They are not complacent. We are there to walk alongside them and drive them to the next level. With over 100 clients and over $____ in “revenue under management”, our clients represent a wide range of emerging leaders in their fields.
This opportunity is not for the faint of heart. With the challenges of multiple clients, leadership and rapid growth from many angles, our CFOs are continually called upon to provide the expertise and support to manage the above and more in an experienced and professional manner.
What We Are Looking For
AVL is seeking a CFO in the Austin area with a strong background in investor/venture technology companies, including SaaS, Software, CyberSecurity and similar knowledge. We are looking for an individual who not only is an A+ Tech CFO, but who is also connected in the Austin community and can represent AVL and continue to develop our client base.
Our CFOs serve their clients with both financial and operational information to help them clearly understand their current state of business. You must be able to translate “the numbers” into actionable information. In addition, you must be able to:
- Build financial models
- Assist clients with strategic planning and growth
- Build a robust and scalable accounting operation that produces accurate and timely financials with auditable internal controls
- Provide forward looking forecasting and financial analysis
- Manage Board of Directors meetings and executive reporting
- Assist clients in raising capital, including developing and presenting investor decks
- Provide / Lead other strategic advice (M&A, licensing, equity, etc.)
- Prior corporate CFO experience with at least two companies
- Direct experience in multiple debt and equity capital transactions; M&A experience a plus
- 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Strong Accounting background, CPA (Active or Inactive) a plus
- Experience in partnering with executive teams, with superb written and oral communication skills
- Prior work and understanding of consulting businesses is a plus
- Experience working with multiple P&Ls
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Retirement plan
- Health benefits
- Partner/Equity track
For qualified, interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter with compensation expectations to email@example.com and mention CFO – Austin position in the subject line.