VPF – Denver/BoulderJOB POSTING · January 24, 2017
AVL Growth Partners is a growing team of experienced Senior Accountants, Controllers, VPs of Finance, and CFOs who guide and lead our client companies by providing finance and accounting expertise to emerging and high-growth businesses. Established in 2009, AVL has worked with over 250 clients across the country and internationally, and we have helped our clients raise over $260 million to fuel their growth. AVL team members are part-time and seeking to spend between 25-35 hours per week helping their clients grow. AVL team members work remotely with occasional visits to client’s offices and to AVL team-sponsored activities. We provide a position that enables our employees to have the challenging and fulfilling work they love, and the work/life balance they need. Other benefits to joining the AVL team include working with best in the finance operations industry, opportunities for career growth and mentorship, and competitive compensation. We are challenge seekers who are motivated to make a difference. We enjoy fast-paced and challenging work, and we dream about excel spreadsheets. We are looking for candidates who are problem solvers, love to juggle multiple clients, and are motivated to make an impact. Team members must be experienced in small to mid sized high-growth companies, be a great communicator, adaptable, and spreadsheet obsessed.
The successful VP of Finance serves their clients with both timely and proactive financial and operational information to help them clearly understand the current state of the business. He/she possesses a strong ability to translate “the numbers” into actionable information. He/she ensures the accounting operation is working efficiently and effectively to enable the accounting team to produce accurate and timely financials with auditable internal controls. Overall, an AVL VP of Finance will need to have an extensive background in order to serve his/her body of clients successfully. He/she must be able to:
- Create KPI metrics, dashboards, and reports.
- Implement Cash flow reporting and management.
- Track key revenue metrics.
- Create cap table and maintain accurate information.
- Build strategic financial models and plans for sales and operations.
- Plan and model compensation and incentives.
- Develop and maintain investor relations and reporting decks.
- Create reporting for strategic objectives, develop long term goals and other key initiative development and success measurement.
- Provide accurate and updated forecasts and financial models to AVL clients.
- Develop, interpret, and negotiate legal contracts.
- Assist clients in sourcing and implementing systems.
- Manage investments and banking relationships.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team, and with a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Prior work with and understanding of consulting with organizations is a plus.
- Outstanding communicator and multi-tasker.
- Experience leading and developing teams.
To apply, please send your resume with compensation expectations to email@example.com and mention VPof Finance position in the subject line.